A leading Indigenous Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company based in Lagos urgently requires a suitable and energetic qualified candidate for immediate employment to fill the vacant position of Head Treasury.
- Minimum Qualification:Degree
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Ensure adequate liquidity for working capital needs and invest short term excess cash., Corporate Finance, Project Finance, Tax Remittance, Accounts Payables/Receivables management, negotiate debt obligations, fund transfers, inter-bank account funding management, dividends, and capital injections process co-ordination, Formulating investment policies, including the establishment of risk parameters for presentation to Management for review and implementation approval, Oversee cash management banking and financial institution relationships.
- Negotiate bank and service fees. Implement new bank technologies, products, and services to improve the cash cycle and simplify company operations. Drive year-end statutory audit of treasury department functions, ensure the adequacy of treasury documentation for audit purpose, and month-end preparatory to year-end audit exercise.
- Manage and drive monthly bank reconciliation systems and bank facility/loan accounts management.
- Ensure all bank loan facility accounts are fully reconciled monthly to General Ledger (Cash Book) and bank facility account statements agreed to the ledgers balances. Coordinate all bank reconciliation exercises on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all debit charges to all the bank accounts maintained by the Company are justified and there are no spurious charges inflicted by the bank. Initiate all import financing requirements that are approved by the ED-Finance and MD/CEO through approved LPOs and PFI.
- Process all marine insurance, Form-M requirements, and Letters of Credit to cover all raw materials and equipment importation the Company requires on a monthly basis.
- Follow up with procurement team for prompt changes to PFI and draft LCs to hasten up LC Confirmation and Telex transmission by banks.
- Manage and mitigate all foreign currency exposure around letters of credit and import financing.
- Keep abreast of CBN regulatory pronouncements, circulars, and information that may concern the Company’s treasury operations and ensure the regulator’s rules are not flouted by the Company in its day-to-day treasury management.
Main Activities/ Details of Key Tasks:
- Daily update of cash flow report and liquidity management
- Monthly preparation of cash flow statement
- Corporate financing, Import finance facility management
- Bank relationship and bank borrowing management
- Settlement of financial obligation due
- Cash Flow Budget, Project accounting, and financial reporting.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills, oral and written, with the ability to lead a team of Treasury professionals and cross-functional teams.
- Candidate must be analytical and possess strong interpersonal and leadership skills, advanced excel skills, PowerPoint presentation skills
- Must possess a first degree in any managerial science or other relevant disciplines, requisite professional accountancy qualifications, and 5+ years of overall experience in cash management, pension management, capital markets, and/ or corporate finance in a corporate environment.
- Experience working in a global business environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with SAP ERP application